Getting Started at WCC
Are you a new student? Click here to learn what you must do before you can register for classes!
Are you a returning student? Click here for information about re-enrollment!
|Summer 2020 Enrollment Deadlines|
|Admission Application Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 4 p.m.|
|Placement Testing Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Friday, May 29, 2020|
|New Student Orientation & Registration||Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – Monday, June 1, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Enrollment Deadlines|
|Admission Application Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 4 p.m.|
|Placement Testing Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Friday, August 14, 2020|
|New Student Orientation & Registration||Monday, August 17, 2020|
All currently enrolled students must meet with an academic advisor sometime between October 14 – November 1 to discuss course selections for summer term and between March 16 – 27 to discuss course selection for fall semester. Advising will continue through June 1 for summer term and August 18 for fall semester.
The Summer 2020 schedule of classes will be available for viewing on Self Service by October 11, 2019. The Fall 2020 schedule of classes will be available for viewing on Self Service by March 13, 2020.
- Currently Enrolled Student: a student who is enrolled during the current semester/term
- Returning Student: a student who was previously enrolled
- Students who have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters must apply for readmission to the college. (For example: A previous WCC student who was not enrolled Spring 2020 or Fall 2019 must apply for readmission for the Summer 2020 and/or Fall 2020 registration period.)
- Prior summer term enrollment is not considered when determining student status for a registration period.
- New Student: Entering students, including first time degree seeking students, students transferring from another institution, and students who were concurrently enrolled in high school and college. New students must attend a new student orientation session prior to being registered for classes.
- Priority Online Registration for fall semester will open to Currently Enrolled Students based upon the cumulative credit hours earned by the end of fall semester 2019. The following schedule will be used during the priority online registration period.
- 30 total hours earned and above: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, March 30, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 3.
- 11 to 29.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 3.
- 0 to 10.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, April 1, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 3.
- Online registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on April 6 for currently enrolled students (regardless of number of credit hours earned) and will close at 7 p.m. on May 28 for summer term and 7 p.m. on August 13 for fall semester.
- Online registration will be unavailable during Drop/Add (June 1 for summer term and August 17-18 for fall semester). Students must see an advisor to have registration changes made during this period.
- Go to Prowler Help Page to view tutorials about using Self Service.
- If you are unable to find what you need, submit a Prowler Help Desk ticket.
- The WCC Prowler Help Desk is located in the Academic Support Center (third floor, Thompson Hall). The Prowler Help Desk is monitored during the following times:
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Monday—Thursday (7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.); Friday (7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.) – class days only
- Summer Term: Monday—Thursday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) – class days only
Students are eligible for a tuition credit if they withdrew from a 2020 spring semester seated course after March 13, 2020 due to COVID-19 reasons. The guidelines for this option are listed below.
- Withdrawal from the seated course due to COVID-19 reasons must be documented on the withdrawal form
- Last date of attendance in the course must have been after March 13, 2020
- Tuition credit is for only the course that is being repeated
- Tuition credit is only available if the course is repeated during the 2020 summer term, 2020 fall semester, or 2021 spring semester
- Tuition credit is only available for one attempt at repeating the course
Instructions for utilizing the tuition credit option:
- Register for the course that is to be repeated
- Notify the registrar’s office that a 2020SP semester seated course is being repeated due to COVID-19 reasons
- Registrar’s office will verify if course is eligible for tuition credit
- If eligibility is confirmed, tuition credit will be awarded for the course
Note: The funds for the tuition credit option are being provided through the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF).