Getting Started at WCC
Are you a new student? Click here to learn what you must do before you can register for classes!
Are you a returning student? Click here for information about re-enrollment!
|Spring 2019 Enrollment Deadlines|
|Admission Application Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4 p.m.|
|Placement Testing Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Wednesday, January 2, 2019|
|New Student Orientation & Registration||Friday, January 4, 2019|
All currently enrolled students must meet with an academic advisor sometime between October 22 and November 2 to discuss course selections for spring semester. Advising will continue through January 7 for all students (new, currently enrolled, and returning students).
The Spring 2019 schedule of classes will be available for viewing on Self Service by Friday, October 19.
- Currently Enrolled Student: a student who is enrolled during the current semester/term
- Returning Student: a student who was previously enrolled
- Students who have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters must apply for readmission to the college. (For example, a previous WCC student who was not enrolled Fall 2018 or Spring 2018 must apply for readmission for the Spring 2019 registration period.)
- Students who have not been enrolled for three or more years must attend a New Student Orientation session.
- Prior summer term enrollment is not considered when determining student status for a registration period.
- New Student: Entering students, including first time degree seeking students, students transferring from another institution, and students who were concurrently enrolled in high school and college. New students must attend a new student orientation session prior to being registered for classes.
- Priority Online Registration will open to Currently Enrolled Students based upon the cumulative credit hours earned by the end of summer term 2018. The following schedule will be used during the priority online registration period.
- 30 total hours earned and above: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, November 5 and remain open until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 2.
- 11 to 29.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, November 6 and remain open until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 2.
- 0 to 10.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 7 and remain open until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 2.
- Online registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on Nov. 12 for Returning students (regardless of number of credit hours earned) and will close at 7 p.m. on January 2.
- Online registration will be unavailable during Drop/Add (January 4-7). Students must see an advisor to have registration changes made during this period.
- Go to Prowler Help Page to view tutorials about using Self Service.
- If you are unable to find what you need, submit a Prowler Help Desk ticket.
- The WCC Prowler Help Desk is located in the Academic Support Center (third floor, Thompson Hall). The Prowler Help Desk is monitored during the following times:
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Monday—Thursday (7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.); Friday (7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.) – class days only
- Summer Term: Monday—Thursday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) – class days only