Getting Started at WCC
Are you a new student? Click here to learn what you must do before you can register for classes!
Are you a returning student? Click here for information about re-enrollment!
|Spring 2020 Enrollment Deadlines|
|Admission Application Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Friday, January 3, 2020 at 4 p.m.|
|Placement Testing Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Friday, January 3, 2020|
|New Student Orientation & Registration||Thursday, January 2, 2020 – Monday, January 6, 2020|
|Summer 2020 Enrollment Deadlines|
|Admission Application Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 4 p.m.|
|Placement Testing Deadline for degree, diploma, and certificate students||Friday, May 29, 2020|
|New Student Orientation & Registration||Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – Monday, June 1, 2020|
All currently enrolled students must meet with an academic advisor sometime between October 14 – November 1 to discuss course selections for spring semester / summer term. Advising will continue through January 3 for spring semester and May 28 for summer term.
The Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 schedule of classes will be available for viewing on Self Service by Friday, October 11.
- Currently Enrolled Student: a student who is enrolled during the current semester/term
- Returning Student: a student who was previously enrolled
- Students who have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters must apply for readmission to the college. (For example: A previous WCC student who was not enrolled Fall 2019 or Spring 2019 must apply for readmission for the Spring 2020 and/or Summer 2020 registration period.)
- Students who have not been enrolled for three or more years must complete a New and Returning Student Registration appointment.
- Prior summer term enrollment is not considered when determining student status for a registration period.
- New Student: Entering students, including first time degree seeking students, students transferring from another institution, and students who were concurrently enrolled in high school and college. New students must attend a new student orientation session prior to being registered for classes.
- Priority Online Registration will open to Currently Enrolled Students based upon the cumulative credit hours earned by the end of summer term 2019. The following schedule will be used during the priority online registration period.
- 30 total hours earned and above: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, November 4, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8.
- 11 to 29.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, November 5, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8.
- 0 to 10.99 total hours earned: Access will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6, and remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8.
- Online registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on November 11 for currently enrolled students (regardless of number of credit hours earned) and will close at 7 p.m. on January 3 for spring semester and at 7 p.m. on May 28 for summer term.
- Online registration will be unavailable during Drop/Add (January 6-7 for spring semester, June 1 for summer term). Students must see an advisor to have registration changes made during this period.
- Go to Prowler Help Page to view tutorials about using Self Service.
- If you are unable to find what you need, submit a Prowler Help Desk ticket.
- The WCC Prowler Help Desk is located in the Academic Support Center (third floor, Thompson Hall). The Prowler Help Desk is monitored during the following times:
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Monday—Thursday (7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.); Friday (7:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.) – class days only
- Summer Term: Monday—Thursday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) – class days only