The Valentine’s Dinner & Dance was held on February 10, 2018.
The Wilkes Community College Heritage Society honors friends who contribute to the vision and success of their community college by including our institution in planned giving. Eligibility is extended to any donor that includes a personal gift to the college in their long-range or estate plans through gifts of cash, property, stock, insurance policies, individual retirement gifts or other assets.
- Bequests: make a gift in your will
- Charitable Remainder Trust: pays you income based on the asset value
- Charitable Gift Annuity: your transferred assets benefit your favored charity and you through life income payments
- Charitable Lead Trust: provides for WCC as well as your children
- Donor Advised Fund: simple and flexible, provides immediate tax benefits but you still have input on future disbursements
- Retained Life Estate: one of your valued possessions, your home, can become a valued gift even while you are living in it
- Cash: simplest way to give
- Securities: the best securities to donate are appreciated stocks
- Life Insurance: name WCC as a beneficiary
- Real Estate: if you own your property that is paid off, you can transfer this asset to a beneficiary but still live in it
- Retirement Plan Assets: reduce tax to heirs by naming WCC as a beneficiary
When you are ready to make a gift…
- Talk to your financial advisor or estate planning attorney to decide what you want to give and the way you want to give it.
- Contact Allison Phillips, Executive Director of the Wilkes Foundation, at 336-838-6491 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She can work with your advisors to complete the gift.
- Tell others about the benefits of planned giving: Extend your reach into the future by giving gifts that will endure beyond your lifetime. Obtain immediate and/or tax benefits. Receive life income benefits with certain gifts.
Your name and/or the person(s) you wish to honor will be placed on The Heritage Society Plaque that is mounted in the Lakey Ballroom of the Walker Center.
Cash gifts are the easiest and most direct way to give to the Wilkes Community College Foundation. Cash gifts can be used to support annual fund campaigns, capital campaigns, scholarships, and special events. Cash gifts made by check should be payable to Wilkes Community College Foundation, PO Box 120, Wilkesboro, NC 28697 or make a donation online.
What is better than one gift? A gift that has doubled. A great way to leverage your gift is to ask your employer to match your gift through a matching gift program. Credit is given to both the donor and the company when the matching gift is received.
Gifts of Securities
Gifts of Securities (stocks and bonds) are becoming more popular as a way to give.
Please contact Allison Phillips with how many shares of what stock or mutual fund you are giving.
This ensures that your gift is properly received. For making the transaction for transfer funds, contact Linda Gregory, Wells Fargo Securities advisor, at 336-667-1291.
Federal Tax ID: 23-7338790
Planned giving allows an individual to have a lasting influence on Wilkes Community College. The most common form is a bequest, which is a gift made through a will or living trust. A donor can designate a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the estate.
Want to leave a lasting legacy at Wilkes Community College? Naming a building, other physical structures, outdoor structures, or scholarships can be a wonderful way to honor someone. Financial requirements for naming opportunities differ, and donors are asked to discuss their ideas with Allison Phillips, executive director, WCC Foundation.