Project managers accept responsibility for the completion of specified projects. A project is an organized sequence of events that lead to an outcome, which may be as diverse as a new automobile, a new house or a new song. Project managers bring together the talent, resources and energy to start, manage and finish projects.
PMI certification is a widely understood and accepted designation for project managers. Employers, colleagues and customers recognize PMI-affiliated project managers for their commitment to quality and professionalism.
While the CAPM can be earned by professionals in any career stage, its focus on the essentials of projects and project management makes it an ideal match for early career stages. The CAPM credential matches well with more specific or technical fields to create a formidable qualification for emerging project managers.
CAPM preparation focuses on the flow and sequence of project management from start to finish. It emphasizes project resources, risks and the process of executing successful projects.
- Understand concepts from The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Meet the educational prerequisites for the CAPM certification
- Understand the essential elements of a project management foundation
- Learn how to execute a project from start to finish
- Be familiar with most common project management concepts and terminology
- Master the creation of project-driven budgets and timelines
- Learn how to predict and prevent risks
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Project Management Essentials
- Project Management Foundation
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Determining / Managing Project Costs
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Final Exam
Nikki Choyce, PMP has been involved in the project management field for almost 20 years and has worked as a consultant and trainer for much of that time. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and very active in the project management community. She has worked in a variety of industries, including Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Aerospace, Construction, and Telecommunications. She has worked with Microsoft Project for over 10 years.
Erica Kirwan has more than 15 years of experience in process and project management. Previously, Kirwan served as Senior Project Manager for a Fortune 200 financial services company. She earned an Advanced Project Management Certification from Stanford University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Public Administration.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start any time.