Project Management Essentials with CAPM
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is considered a leading designation for project leaders and managers. This 100% online course will teach you the principles, skills, and practices of professional project management. Key topics include project components such as time, cost, risk, and team communications.
Demand for skilled project managers is strong, even during challenging economic times. Because project managers organize and streamline processes to conserve resources, demand for their services often increases when budgets for other activities suffer. Current workforce trends indicate that approximately 2 million new project-oriented roles will be created annually through 2027.
- Understand concepts from The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Meet the educational prerequisites for the CAPM certification
- Understand the essential elements of a project management foundation
- Learn how to execute a project from start to finish
- Be familiar with most common project management concepts and terminology
- Master the creation of project-driven budgets and timelines
- Learn how to predict and prevent risks
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Project Management Essentials
- Project Management Foundation
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Determining / Managing Project Costs
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Final Exam
Nikki Choyce, PMP has been involved in the project management field for almost 20 years and has worked as a consultant and trainer for much of that time. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and very active in the project management community. She has worked in a variety of industries, including Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Aerospace, Construction, and Telecommunications. She has worked with Microsoft Project for over 10 years.
Erica Kirwan has more than 15 years of experience in process and project management. Previously, Kirwan served as Senior Project Manager for a Fortune 200 financial services company. She earned an Advanced Project Management Certification from Stanford University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Public Administration.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start any time.