The Wilkes Educational Foundation (WEF) provided support to Wilkes Community College for scholarships. Arnold Lakey, president of the WEF and Marcia Reynolds, WEF board member, presented a check for $7,000 to Dr. Jeff Cox, Wilkes Community College president.
Wilkes Community College awarded $7,000 in WEF scholarships to the following students for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Ashley Minton, Associate in Arts – College Transfer
- Kayla Johnson, Information Technology – Computer Programming
- Lexie Alexander, General Education – Nursing
- Kimberly Jones, Criminal Justice
- Andrea Parlier, Associate in Arts – College Transfer
- Justin Mick, Associate in Arts – College Transfer
- Trevor Lingle, Business Administration/Customer Relations
- Zachary Lunsford, Associate in Science – College Transfer
- Chloe Watson, Animal Science
- Bryan Lipford, Applied Engineering
The Wilkes Education Foundation is a private, non-profit, IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt endowment corporation dedicated to promoting excellence in education in the Wilkes County Schools. For information about making a donation to the WEF, contact Jody Hamby, 309 9th St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659.
For more information, see https://www.wilkeseducationfoundation.org.