Wilkes Community College Graduation Commencement 2022 will be held at the John A. Walker Community Center on the campus of Wilkes Community College (building 12 on the campus map) on Friday, May 13, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
The date, time, and format may change based on COVID-19 restrictions.
Important Graduation Check-Out Information
After completing all academic course requirements for your degree, diploma, and/or certificate, the completion of your credential(s) will automatically be marked on your transcript within one week of the end of the semester/term.
To participate in the annual graduation ceremony in May or to receive a copy of your degree, diploma, and/or certificate that can be used for framing/displaying, you must complete the following steps.
- If you are completing requirements for a degree, diploma, and/or certificate in December 2021, May 2022, or August 2022, you must submit a graduation application through E-Forms between November 1, 2021 and March 25, 2022.
- After your graduation application has been received and reviewed, you will be notified through your college Office 365 email account about your eligibility for graduation. If your eligibility for graduation is confirmed, your email will indicate that your graduation invoice has been submitted to the bookstore and you will be able to review it through E-Forms. Students who are ineligible for graduation will be asked to meet with their academic advisor and/or Student Services representative to review their academic record.
- Go to the bookstore and provide them with your Student ID to pay for your cap and gown and/or degree(s), diploma(s), or certificate(s). Postage costs for mailing the degree(s), diploma(s) and/or certificate(s) are included in the fees. Note: Degrees, diplomas, and certificates will not be distributed at the graduation ceremony. They will be mailed at a later date and the timeframe for mailing will vary depending upon what semester/term graduation requirements are completed. Additional details will be posted on this page in May 2022.
|Important Graduation Check-out Dates
|Monday, November 1, 2021
||Students may begin submitting graduation applications
|Monday, January 24, 2022
||Deadline for students to charge graduation fees in the bookstore on their financial aid account for spring semester
Note: Students must have received financial aid for spring semester and have completed graduation check-out steps a minimum of two weeks prior to this deadline in order to be eligible to use this option.
|Friday, March 25, 2022
||Final deadline to submit a graduation application
|Friday, April 15, 2022 at noon
||Final deadline to pay graduation fees in the bookstore
|Friday, May 13, 2022
Instructions for Graduates
- 4 p.m. ceremony for graduates of the Arts and Sciences Division and Business and Public Services Technologies Division
- 7 p.m. ceremony for graduates of the Applied Career Technologies Division and Health Sciences Division
All students participating in the graduation ceremony must attend a meeting in the Randolph Hall/Bumgarner Gym an hour prior to the start of the ceremony to receive instructions about line-up and other procedures. Graduates in the 4 p.m. ceremony must meet at 3 p.m. and graduates in the 7 p.m. ceremony must meet at 6 p.m.
Each graduate will be provided with tickets in their graduation packet. These tickets must be given to anyone that plans to attend the ceremony. The total number of tickets received will depend on the number of graduates participating in the ceremony and will be announced at a later date. Tickets must be presented at the door for entry into the ceremony. If tickets are lost, they will not be replaced. Seats cannot be saved. Ticket holders may choose to be seated or wait on the arrival of their entire party in the lobby. Twenty minutes prior to the ceremony, stand-by tickets will be distributed to anyone who is in line without a ticket. Any seats that are not filled will be filled with stand-by ticket holders.
Please dress appropriately for graduation. Men are asked to wear a shirt with a collar, long dark pants and dark shoes. Ladies are asked to wear a dress, skirt/blouse, or long, dark pants with flat dark shoes to match the black gown. You will pick up your cap and gown in the college bookstore (dates and times will be posted on the website). Please allow ample time to “press the wrinkles out” before May 13.
Graduates must pick up a packet in Student Services (at the campus designated on the graduation application) between May 9-12. The packet will contain tickets, maps, and information about commencement program procedures. It is important that you bring the line assignment card with you on graduation day.
A graduate and/or a guest who has current medical concerns or disabilities and who needs some type of accommodations must contact Cindy Core at 336-838-6137 by Monday, May 2, 2022.
A reception for everyone in attendance will be held immediately following the ceremony. This is an excellent opportunity for your family and friends to meet the faculty and your classmates. Please encourage them to join us!
For your convenience, Photo Specialties, a professional photographer, will record the moment you are awarded your degree/diploma/certificate. You will be offered several options for ordering enlargement packages at very reasonable prices with no obligation to purchase these prints. You will receive important communications from Photo Specialties by email and/or postal mail. For those of you who provided an email address, you will receive an email from the photographer with a website link and a password that will allow you to view and order your graduation photos online. A free, color proof will also be mailed to your permanent address so that you will have the opportunity to purchase these prints. If you do not receive a proof within a week of the ceremony, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-722-7033.