The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a compendium of documents and processes that describe best practices for delivering IT services. It provides a systematic approach to managing IT services that integrates IT with risk management, customer service and cost control. It provides the foundation for a stable IT environment that grows, scales and changes with an organization’s needs.
Many leading organizations have adopted the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework for managing their IT assets and systems. The ITIL framework specifies a platform of services that standardize IT systems that can otherwise become chaotic and difficult to manage. ITIL helps organizations, especially large enterprises, align their IT resources with their overall strategies.
Completing a certification such as ITIL 4 Foundation identifies an IT Manager as a professional who is committed to a strategic view of IT services. ITIL 4 Foundation certification signals to employers and team members that a prospective employee has undergone an organized program of study and examination around the key principles of the ITIL framework.
With an ITIL 4 Foundation Certification, you will have access to multiple disciplines, where some common titles include:
- Business Relationship Manager
- Demand Manager
- Financial Manager
- IT Steering Group (ISG)
- Service Portfolio Manager
- Service Strategy Manager
- Prepare to take and pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification exam
- Learn the guiding principles of ITIL 4
- Learn the four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How the practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes
- Understand how to integrate ITIL practices to different areas of service management and IT
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Key Concepts of Service Management
- The Guiding Principles of ITIL
- Service Management and Value
- ITIL Practices Introduction
- ITIL Practices Deep Dive
- Course Recap and Exam Preparation
Claire Agutter is passionate about all things IT service management and brings this to her role as an instructor. Using her background as an IT service management practitioner and consultant, Agutter manages a number of courses to ensure they directly support career goals.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start any time.