- Intro to Automotive Technology
- Engine Repair
- Basic Automotive Electricity
- PC Skills for Auto Techs
- Suspension and Steering Systems
- Brake Systems
- Engine Performance
- Automotive Climate Control
Graduates of the WCC Automotive Systems Technology Program will:
- Seek best information, measure, analyze, diagnose, repair and verify the repair in the following areas:
A1 Engine Repair
A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
A3 Manual Drive Train and Axles
A4 Suspension and Steering
A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems
A7 Heating and Air Conditioning
A8 Engine Performance
- Examine and validate underlying assumptions dealing with automotive shop and repair safety procedures, practices, chemical/solvent disposal, and management of waste streams reducing their impact on the global environment.
- Demonstrate the technical, communication, computation and personal responsibility skills needed to be successful in the ever-changing advanced technological automotive industry.
- Efficiently access resources (both electronic and print) for service and technical information necessary to complete specific automotive services and repairs.
- Evaluate data collected from the power train management system to insure vehicle is performing efficiently and pollution is minimized to assist with reversing the effects on global problematic issues.