Archie Staley

Archie Staley – Applied Animal Science Technology

“In 2017 I graduated with an associate degree in Applied Animal Science with a concentration in Poultry Management. Currently, I am an adjunct instructor teaching summer poultry classes and in the fall scheduled to teach Career & College Promise courses at Wilkes Central, West Wilkes, and North Wilkes high schools.

Benefits of attending WCC: I attained skills and knowledge that made me a highly desirable candidate for several careers in the agriculture field, such as poultry production supervisor, poultry service technician, farm manager, cattle herd manager, swine technician, and many more. With a low student to teacher ratio, I was able to get one-on-one instruction and significant hands-on experience.

I would tell prospective students that 98% of the U.S. population consumes meat as their primary protein source, and less than 2% of the total population works in agriculture. With food being the largest consumed commodity, employers within the animal agriculture community are aggressively seeking  skilled labor and paying a premium for those skills. Let Wilkes community College give you the skills to join this fast-growing industry.”

2019-02-05T16:36:02+00:00