To be eligible to participate in the Work-Based Learning program, students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a curriculum area that includes Work-Based Learning for academic credit (requirement or elective)
- Must have a grade point average of 2.00 or better;
- Must be willing to work at a worksite a minimum of 160 clock hours;
- Must have or be willing to obtain a work experience job that is related to the program of study in which they are enrolled;
- Must have approval of the Work-Based Learning Director.
*Students who are currently employed may seek to have their present employment approved for Work-Based Learning. In order for current employers to be approved, the student’s job must be related to the program of study. The student’s employer must agree to new learning opportunities at work. The employer must agree to provide necessary information, including filling out forms and evaluations, in order to determine progress of the student during the semester.