The Step Up Leadership Scholarship is a scholarship program designed to assist students enrolled full time at Wilkes Community College who demonstrate financial need with an opportunity to develop social and leadership skills through lunch and learn sessions, mentorships, and career preparation.
The scholarship is funded by the WCC Foundation Henry Moore Scholarship Golf Classic held each October.
- $1,000 per year scholarship
- Leadership activities and opportunities
- Mentorship and meetings with President Jeff Cox twice a year
- Opportunities to participate in special events associated with Wilkes Community College as designated by the scholarship coordinator
- Exam survival kits and more
Who is eligible?
- Current high school student (2 selected from each school in our service area)
- Students enrolled full-time (12 hours minimum)
- Students having an unweighted GPA of 2.8 or higher (2.5 GPA to renew for the second year)
- Students who demonstrate financial need and complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Students who are committed to completing program requirements
How do I apply?
The Step Up Leadership Scholarship is a renewable scholarship. Applications are selected each year and the deadline is July 1. To apply:
Who do I contact for more information?
For questions, please contact: