What is a Returning Student?
A returning student is a student who was previously enrolled. A returning student should complete one of the following re-enrollment paths.
Path 1: A student who was enrolled during one of the two most recent semesters prior to the semester or term for which he or she is planning to attend.
- Step 1: Schedule Meeting with your Academic Advisor to plan schedule.
- Step 2: Register for classes: Detailed instructions are provided on the Getting Started page.
- Step 3: Review your Financial Aid status: Students interested in applying and learning more should click here.
- Step 4: Pay Tuition and Fees by the Deadline: Payment option information is available at the Business Office page.
Path 2: A student who has not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters.
- Step 1: Complete NC Residency Determination by clicking here. This MUST be done before applying.
- Step 2: Apply to WCC- Complete your online application by clicking here.
- Step 3: Submit Official Transcripts (if applicable)- Contact the admissions office at 336-838-6135 to verify status.
- Step 4: Take the Placement Test (if applicable)- Contact the admissions office at 336-838-6135 to verify status.
- Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid: Students interested in applying and learning more should click here.
- Step 6: Attend Student Orientation (if not enrolled for three or more years) and Register for Classes!