Eight WCC instructors completed a semester of professional development entitled CORE (Collaborative Online Reflection Experience) during fall 2019. CORE is focused on best practices in online teaching and CORE sessions are led by WCC online instructors who serve as Peer Mentors. Fall 2019 Peer Mentors were Meret Burke, Donna Brooks, Natasha Harris, Melonie Kilby, and MaryBeth Knight, Ashe.
Once instructors complete CORE, they are eligible to participate in an online instructor certification process. CORE and Online Instructor Certification are part of WCC’s QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan), a SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) initiative. WCC was reaffirmed by SACSCOC in 2016.
Instructors completing CORE during fall 2019 were:
• Amber Arnder, Advertising and Graphic Design Lead Instructor
• Frank Blevins, Animal Science/Horticulture Instructor
• Rebecca Chaffee, Political Science Adjunct Instructor, Ashe
• Matthew Greene, Animal Science Lead Instructor• Jon Howle, Director of Faculty and Staff Development
• Iva McNeil, Math Lead Instructor
• Justin Shore, Business and Public Service Technologies Adjunct Instructor
• Annie Woodford, English Instructor