WCC congratulates the latest Certified Online Instructors who met certification requirements during the fall of 2019. WCC President Dr. Jeff Cox recognized the following instructors during WCC’s faculty/staff luncheon on December 16.
Instructors completing CORE during fall 2019 were:
• Amber Arnder, advertising and graphic design lead instructor
• David Barton, business instructor
• Matt Greene, animal science lead instructor
• Tammy Griffin-Garcia, college readiness and music instructor
• Jon Howle, humanities instructor
• Justin Shore, business instructor
Online instructor certification means that WCC instructors have met quality online course standards in both course design and instruction. WCC now has 35 Certified Online Instructors.
WCC instructors who teach online first participate in a semester of professional development entitled CORE (Collaborative Online Reflection Experience). CORE is focused on best practices in online teaching, and CORE sessions are led by WCC online instructors who serve as Peer Mentors. Once instructors complete CORE, they are eligible to participate in the certification process. CORE and Online Instructor Certification are part of WCC’s QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan), a SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) initiative. WCC was reaffirmed by SACSCOC in 2016.