Skip to content
Update – April 24, 2020
- Yesterday, April 23, Governor Cooper issued an executive order, extending the Stay At Home order through May 8th. The orders extending the closure of restaurants for dine-in service and bars and closure of other close-contact businesses are also extended through May 8.
- Governor Cooper shared details about North Carolina’s plan to lift restrictions in three phases once the data show that key metrics are headed in the right direction.
- Governor Cooper also shared information about how North Carolina can gradually re-open over three phases to prevent hot spots of viral spread while also beginning to bring our economy back. These phases are based on the best information available now but could be altered as new information emerges.
- An important thing to note is that in Phase 1, the limitation on mass gatherings of no more than 10 people will still be in effect.
- We are continuing to monitor state and local government recommendations and will announce our decision for Summer 2020 courses on Wednesday, April 29.
- Dr. Cox will be hosting a Facebook Live session from the WCC Facebook page at 4:00pm on April 29th to make the announcement about summer school and give other updates.
- Remember to check your Moodle & student email accounts several times a day as well as our COVID-19 page to keep up any new announcements.