In addition to the three Specialties under IT, this program also offers a 16-hour Cyber Security certificate option - C25590CS. This certificate was added to address the growing need for expertise within the field of cyber security. Students in this certificate take courses in Network & Security, Computer Crime Investigations, Data Recovery, as well as a Criminal Justice elective. These courses are easily integrated into the Information Technology curriculum, as well as our Criminal Justice degree. See your advisor for more details.
- CTI 120 Networking and Security Foundation
- CCT 121 Computer Crime Investigations
- CCT 240 Data Recovery Technique
- CCT 241 Advanced Data Recover Techniques
- Criminal Justice (CJC) Elective
Graduates of the WCC Cyber Security Certificate will:
- Demonstrate skills associated with investigating computer crimes, properly seizing and recovering computer evidence, and aiding in the prosecution of cyber criminals.