This curriculum specializes in practical applications in visual arts, audio/video technology, modeling, design, and game programming.
Students will receive hands-on training in design, 3-D modeling, programming, environment creation, and computer animation. This curriculum prepares graduates for employment as graphic designers, modelers, animators, and game developers.
Employment industries could include entertainment, healthcare, engineering, education, NASA, film studios, and governmental agencies. Skills taught in this program provide opportunity for entrepreneurial ventures within the indie game scene. The program will incorporate the competencies of industry-recognized certification exams from Autodesk.
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- C# Programming
- Unity Engine Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Environments
- Graphic Design Tools
Graduates of the WCC Information Technology – Game Development Program will
- Examine networking systems and identify security risks.
- Analyze and determine appropriate hardware and software components for computer systems.
- Create a database driven website.
- Utilize management capabilities of various operating systems.
In addition, a graduate will be able to:
- Develop original game-ready graphical assets. (Game Development A25590G)