Continuing Education Policies
Continuing Education Refund Policy
A registration fee refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- For classes that are scheduled to meet four times or less, a 75 percent refund shall be made upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the first day of the class(es).
- For classes that are scheduled to meet five or more times, a 75 percent refund shall be made upon the request of the student if the student officially withdraws from the class(es). Requests for refunds will not be considered after the 10 percent point.
- For contact hour classes 10 calendar days from the first day of the class(es) is the determination date.
- At the time of official withdrawal under this policy, the college shall notify the student of the right to receive a refund.
- No refund will be given for self supporting classes.
Course Repeat Policy
Action taken by the 1993 term of NC Legislature requires that students taking an Occupational Extension class more than two (2) times within a five year period will be required to pay the full cost of the course beginning with the third (3) repeat.
The above provision is waived if course repetition is required by standards governing the certification or licensing program in which the student is enrolled.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
Effective with the Fall Quarter 1974, approval was given by the president and Board of Trustees for Continuing Education Units (CEU's) to be awarded in accordance with guidelines published by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges. A Continuing Education Unit is defined as: "Ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction." The Continuing Education Unit may be used for the measurement, recording, reporting, accumulation, transfer, and recognition of participation by adults in programs which in the past have not been recorded in any formal or systematic way.