Wilkes Community College Wilkes Community College
Wilkes Community College
YouTube Shutterfly Facebook Twitter Facebook


Director of Registration Services/Registrar
Melonie Kilby
(336) 838-6489
Registration & Records Coordinator
Cindy Livingston
(336) 838-6171


NEW! Letter of Recommendation Permission Form in a printable format (scroll down for more information) 

Transcript Request

Effective August 1, 2012, there is a $3 non-refundable fee for each curriculum transcript requested.  You must submit payment with your request. Transcripts of classes taught by the Office of Continuing Education or Basic Skills must be requested from that department. In addition, we do not issue, copy, or produce transcripts from other institutions. Requests for transcripts of courses completed elsewhere must be requested directly from those institutions.  Official transcripts will not be issued to students having unsettled accounts with the college.   

To proceed with requesting a transcript, please click on "How To Order A Transcript" for additional instructions and access to the transcript request form.  

Academic Progress and Standards
Each student is expected to make satisfactory progress toward meeting his/her academic goals. The cumulative grade point average (GPA) is reviewed at the end of each semester and term to determine whether the student has made the expected progress. The minimum cumulative GPA to remain in good academic standing is a 2.0. Developmental courses are not included in the GPA calculation.

A student whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.0. is subject to academic warning which may be followed by probation and suspension. The GPA will be calculated using the most recent grade for each course taken at Wilkes Community College. 

Academic Warning
A student failing to meet the minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 during any semester or term will receive an academic warning letter from student services. The warning status letter will inform the student of his/her academic status and encourage the student to meet with his/her academic advisor to discuss ways to improve grades and to discuss resources at WCC. The warning status will be posted on the student's transcript and the student's academic advisor will be notified. 

Academic Probation
A student whose cumulative GPA remains below 2.0 for a second consecutive semester or term is placed on academic probation. A student placed on academic probation will receive a letter informing the student of his/her academic status.  A student on academic probation must meet with the retention coordinator located in student services to prepare a plan to improve his/her academic performance.  A student on academic probation must meet with his/her academic advisor in order for the advisor to register the student.  While on probation, the student will be able to register for a maximum of twelve credit hours for fall and spring semesters and a maximum of six credit hours for summer term.  The probation status will be placed on the student's transcript.  

A student whose cumulative GPA falls below 2.0 for three successive semesters/term will be placed on academic suspension for one semester or term.  A student on academic suspension will not be allowed to register for curriculum courses.  The student may apply for re-admission after one semester or term by contacting the retention coordinator to discuss re-admission.  A student who is re-admitted following an academic suspension will be place on academic probation and must comply with the requirements of academic probation.  The suspension status will be posted on the student's transcript and the student's academic advisor will be notified.  

A student on academic suspension who believes extenuating circumstances exist that should prevent the suspension may appeal the academic suspension.  The student must submit a written appeal to the academic appeals committee which consists of the chief officer of instruction, chief officer of student services, and a designee chosen by the academic and support services council. The decision of the academic appeals committee is final.

Academic Suspension Appeal Form

NOTE:  This policy applies to all curriculum programs except for limited admission health programs (nursing, dental assisting, respiratory therapy, and emergency medical science) which are governed by their progression policies as outlined in the current WCC catalog.

Academic Forgiveness
The academic forgiveness policy is designed to assist students who have failing grades from previous WCC enrollment. Students may request forgiveness for F's earned five years or more ago by submitting a written request to the registrar. Only failing (F) grades may be forgiven from a student's grade point average. Prior to the reevaluation of credits, the student must be readmitted to the college, register for courses, and complete at least 12 credit hours of course work with a minimum quality point average of 2.0. The written request can be submitted at the end of the semester in which the 12 credit hours of course work is completed.

A student may request academic forgiveness for WCC course grades only one time, regardless of subsequent program changes, subsequent enrollment, or other unanticipated events.

Credits forgiven under the academic forgiveness policy will be exempt from calculation in the student's cumulative grade point average. While the forgiven grades will continue to appear on the official transcript, the courses and the earned "F" grades will be marked as forgiven.

It is the student's responsibility to contact the Financial Aid office to determine if the grades covered under the academic forgiveness policy will be included in the grade point average calculation for financial aid or VA educational benefits. Students who plan to transfer to another college or university are responsible for determining the impact forgiven grades may have on their transfer credit before they request forgiveness for those grades at WCC. 

Academic Standards - Health Sciences Programs

To maintain enrollment in the ADN/Respiratory Therapy/Emergency Medical Science/Dental Assisting program, a student must earn a "C" or better in all courses required for the degree.  The first "D" or "F" earned will result in the student being withdrawn from the program. 


Information regarding all accreditations and memberships is available through this link.  

Adding/Dropping Courses and Withdrawal from the College

Students may add or drop courses during the official registration period as published in the college calendar. These changes will not be reflected on grade reports and transcripts. Students should contact the Registrar's Office or academic advisor for forms and assistance. Students should be aware of the 25% penalty for courses dropped after classes begin. 

For each course dropped after registration ends and through the tenth week of the semester, students are responsible for completing a drop form by obtaining the advisor's and instructors' signatures. The instructor will indicate the last date of attendance. The form is then returned to the Registrar's Office for processing. A drop grade will be given up to the ten percent point of the class and a withdrawal grade will be recorded on the grade reports and transcripts after the ten percent point. Failure to properly file a drop form may result in a failing grade. Students who do not meet the withdrawal deadline should contact the instructor to discuss the final grade.

Students wishing to withdraw from the college must submit a properly completed drop form and meet with a student services counselor.  

Advisor Assignments

Students seeking a degree, diploma or certificate are assigned an academic advisor from among the faculty, counselors or educational support staff. Advisors assist students in meeting their educational and career goals, planning class schedules, and reviewing progress toward graduation. Advisors' signatures are required on students' registration forms each semester for the approval of courses scheduled and for add/drop forms. Advisors provide students with information about careers and the transfer of Wilkes Community College credits to senior colleges. 

Students must contact their academic advisor each semester before registering. Advisors have posted office hours so that students may arrange conferences as needed. Two weeks prior to each registration period, advisors will post times when they will be available to help students with schedule planning. WCC advisors are committed to providing appropriate, accurate,  and timely information at every stage of a student's career. Students, however, are ultimately responsible for understanding college regulations and for meeting graduation requirements.  


Class attendance is considered to be an important part of students' educational experiences. Students are responsible for attendance and are expected to be punctual and to attend every class session. Regardless of reasons for absences, students will be held accountable for all academic activities. Faculty members may require make-up assignments or tests to compensate for absences. Faculty members who choose to include class attendance as a factor in determining students' final grades will include this requirement in their course syllabi. 

Students enrolled in Basic Law Enforcement Training must attend 100% of the total contact hours for the course as mandated by the NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission. 

Auditing Courses

An "AU" grade will be recorded when students audit a course. Students who wish to audit a course must register through normal channels and pay regular tuition and fees. Auditing students must meet all course prerequisites and corequisites. Students must declare audit status in the Registrar's Office by the end of the registration period for the semester of enrollment. An audit cannot be changed to credit after the registration period ends. Students who are auditing are encouraged to attend classes regularly and to participate in class discussions and evaluation sessions.  

Catalog of Record

Wilkes Community College reserves the right to change degree/diploma/certificate requirements and academic policies. As catalogs are published, the information in any one catalog is usually valid only for the period of issuance and is superseded by subsequent catalogs. 

The catalog used to determine graduation requirements is the one in effect at the time of student's initial enrollment in the curriculum or any subsequent catalog of the student's choice. Students must complete program requirements within five years of the catalog selected, unless otherwise approved by the division dean and vice president of instruction and student services. 

All statements in this publication are announcements of present policies and are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Wilkes Community College reserves the right to discontinue at any time any programs or courses described in this catalog. While every effort will be made to give advance notice of any change of a program or course, such notice is not guaranteed nor required. Students should refer to the website for the most current information concerning their program requirements and academic policies.  

Change of Major (Program of Study)

Students desiring to change their program of study should contact the Admission's Office. Students will be reassigned to a new advisor, if appropriate, and placement test scores and course credits will be re-evaluated. Students certified for VA benefits must also complete the necessary forms with the VA representative to change programs of study.  

Change of Grade

A grade once reported shall not be changed except when the instructor states in writing that an error has been made using the official change of grade form. The grade change must be submitted to the Registrar's Office within one year of the initial grade posting or, in exceptional cases, at the discretion of the Senior Vice President of Instruction. 

Computation of GPA (Grade Point Average)

The measure of students' overall academic achievement will be based upon a cumulative grade point average using a 4.00 scale. To compute the GPA:

  1. multiply the credit hours attempted for each course (excluding withdrawal and continued studies grades) by the number of grade points assigned for the grade received; then
  2. divide the total grade points earned by the total credit hours attempted. 

Course Load

Students enrolled for 12 or more semester hours of credit will be classified as full-time students. The average course load is 16 to 18 semester hours of credit depending on the program of study. Students planning to carry more than 21 credit hours must obtain permission from their advisor and the division dean. 

Course Substitutions

Only under exceptional circumstances will students be permitted to substitute or deviate from the established requirements of a program of study. The division Dean and Senior Vice President of Instruction must approve substitutions prior to registration. Written notification will be submitted to the registrar prior to taking the course and will become part of the student's official record.  

Credit by Examination

Degree-seeking students currently enrolled at Wilkes Community College, with prior proficiency in a course due to previous educational or work experience, may apply for credit by examination. Credit by examination can be requested for courses only listed in their active program of study in which they can demonstrate the required level of proficiency based upon course objectives.This option is available for selected courses as determined by the department chair, division dean and lead instructors. A proficiency demonstration may be a written exam, oral exam, shop exercise, or lab exercise. .A maximum of 25% of the program requirements may be met through credit by examination. The following rules for the student apply: 


  • Obtain permission from the appropriate department chairperson or lead instructor. 
  • Instructor issuing the exam will request the credit by exam documentation from the Registrar's Office.  
  • The student must register for the course in the Registrar's Office and pay the tuition for the course which non-refundable. 
  • Take and submit the Credit by Exam documentation back to the Registrar's Office prior to the 10% point of the term. 
  • Earn a grade of 80% or better. 
  • Proficiency demonstrations make be taken only one time for each course. 
  • Credit for proficiency demonstration may not be granted for a course being audited by the student. 
  • The instructor will complete the credit by exam documentation and a grade of "CE" (Credit by Examination) will be give to the student for exams that earn a grade of 80% or higher. The credit hours will contribute toward a degree, diploma, or certificate. However, this grade will have no effect on the student's GPA. 
  • The results of the examination will be recorded on the request form and forwarded with the examination to the division dean. The dean will file the examination and return the completed form to the registrar. 


Grading System

At the end of each semester, students will receive final grades based upon the following seven-point system unless noted otherwise in the course syllabus: 

Grade  Numerical Grade  Explanation  Grade Points 
A  90-100  Excellent  4 per semester hour 
B  80-89  Above Average   3 per semester hour 
C  70-79  Average  2 per semester hour 
D   60-69  Below Average  1 per semester hour 
F  0-59  Failure  0 per semester hour 

 Note: Developmental courses (any course that has 0 as the first number in the 3-digit course number) do not earn credit hours or quality points. 

Curriculum course grades with no grade points awarded include: * 

TR   Transfer Credit 
CE   Credit by Exam 
I   Incomplete 
P   Pass (Developmental or Credit by Exam) 
R   Repeat (Developmental Course Not Passed or Repeated course, GPA recalculated) 
AR   High School Credit 
W   Withdrawal 
WA   Administrative Withdrawal (Student never attended) 
AU   Audit 

These special grades are defined as follows: 

TR  A "TR " grade represents transfer credit awarded for courses taken at other schools, colleges or universities. 
CE  A "CE" grade is awarded if a grade of "C" or better is earned on a credit by examination. 
I  An "I" grade is given only under extenuating circumstances as determined by the instructor. Such a grade must be removed by the end of the following semester. If not removed within this time, the incomplete becomes a failure. 
P  A grade of "P" is awarded if a student completes and passes a developmental course or
if a "C" or better is earned on a credit by examination.
R  A grade of "R" is awarded if a student does not complete or pass a developmental course or if a course has been repeated. A course may be repeated as deemed necessary by students. When a course is repeated, an "R" notation is made on the transcript. The last credit grade is considered in computing the cumulative grade point average to meet graduation requirements. 
AR  An "AR" grade represents credit given for courses completed while in high school as outlined in the North Carolina High School-to-Community College Articulation Agreement. 
W  Following the add/drop period, a withdrawal grade of "W" or "WA" is given when a student officially withdraws from a course. A withdrawal grade is awarded through the tenth week of the fall or spring semesters. For summer terms, a withdrawal grade is awarded through the 12th day of a four week term or the 24th day of an eight week term. Students who wish to withdraw from a course after these deadlines must have permission from their instructors. 
WA  The "WA" grade is recorded for students who register and pay for a course, do not officially drop during the registration period, and do not attend a class prior to the census date of the course. 
AU  An "AU" grade is given when students are auditing courses. 


Graduation Requirements

To graduate, students must: 

  1.  Apply for graduation in the Office of Student Services during the registration period prior to the spring semester for which graduation is expected;
  2.  Complete all required courses for the degree, diploma or certificate (Associate degree graduates may participate in the annual spring graduation exercise if they have one or two courses to complete during the summer term. However, the college cannot guarantee courses needed for graduation will be offered.);
  3.  Attain a cumulative grade point average of " C" (minimum of 2.00) in all work attempted in a degree, diploma, or certificate program;
  4.  Complete no less than 25% of the semester hours required in the program of study at Wilkes Community College; and
  5.  Satisfy all financial obligations to Wilkes Community College.

Students who will complete all required coursework for graduation during the subsequent summer term may participate in graduation exercises if the following conditions are met: 

  1.  Students have satisfied the criteria stated in 1, 3, 4, & 5 above;
  2.  Students have registered for all courses required to complete the degree, diploma or certificate for the subsequent summer term and paid the tuition for the summer term; and
  3.  Students have been granted permission from the appropriate division dean. (Diploma seeking students are excluded.)

Students should plan carefully for summer term as only a limited number of courses are offered, and students may not be able to take the courses needed for graduation. 

In addition, students scheduled to participate in the annual graduation exercise must pay a graduation fee which covers the cost of cap and gown and the degree, diploma or certificate. Also, graduating students are encouraged to participate in the commencement exercise, but attendance is not required. However, an additional fee to cover processing and mailing costs will be charged to those students who do not participate in the graduation exercise. In addition, every attempt will be made, but the college will not be responsible for degrees, diplomas, or certificates damaged during mail delivery. 

 Letter of Recommendation Permission Form  (pdf) 

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) governs a college's ability to release confidential information in a student's education records. Confidential education records may be released only with the permission of the student. By signing this release form, the student gives the Wilkes Community College faculty/staff member permission to release his/her confidential information to the designated person and/or company. 

Non-Credit to Credit Policy

Continuing Education to Curriculum 

Wilkes Community College awards academic credit for work on a non-credit basis only when thereis documentation that the non-credit course work is equivalent to a designated credit experience. (Non-credit to credit). 

The procedure to award credit is done by using the Request for Credit by Exam. Students must demonstrate knowledge of at least 80% of course content with documentation provided by the curriculum instructor and approved by the Division Dean. The non-credit course must consist of learning outcomes with an assessment at the conclusion of the course. Students must pass the assessment with an 80% or better and must also attend 80% of the course to successfully complete. 

Release and Access of Student Information

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, sets forth requirements designed to protect the privacy of student educational records. The law governs access to records maintained by educational institutions and the release of information from those records. Copies of the act, the federal regulations adopted pursuant to it, and this notice are available for persons to examine in the Registrar's Office. 

Notices are published annually in the college catalog and student handbook to explain the rights of students with respect to records maintained by the college. It also outlines the college's procedures to comply with the requirements of the act. 

Educational records are those records, files, documents, and other materials which contain information directly related to students, and are maintained by the college. These are official college records, and as such, remain the property of the college. Information contained in educational records will be fully explained and interpreted to students upon request. Students have the right to review only their own records. When a record contains information about more than one student, disclosure cannot include information regarding the other students. 

Consent must be obtained from students for the release of information from educational records, specifying what is to be released, and to whom, with a copy of the record sent to students if they desire. 

The requirement for consent does not apply to the following: 

  •  Requests from faculty and staff of Wilkes Community College who have a legitimate educational interest on a "need to know" basis, if necessary to conduct official business. Legitimate educational interest includes performing tasks related to the regular duties of the employee, the student's education, the discipline of students, services or benefits for students, or maintaining safety and security of the campus;
  •  Requests in compliance with a lawful subpoena or judicial order;
  •  Requests in connection with students' applications for or receipt of financial aid;
  •  Requests by state or federal authorities and agencies specifically exempted from the prior consent requirements by the act; and organizations conducting studies on behalf of the college, if such studies do not permit the personal identification of students to any persons other than to representatives of such organizations and if the personal identification data is destroyed when no longer needed;
  •  Information submitted to accrediting organizations;
  •  Requests by parents of dependent students, as defined in Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954;
  •  In the case of emergencies, the college may release information from educational records to appropriate persons in connection with an emergency, if the knowledge of such information is necessary to protect the health or safety of students or other persons;
  •  To authorized federal officials who have need to audit and evaluate federally-supported programs;
  •  The results of any disciplinary proceedings conducted by the college against alleged perpetrators of a crime of violence to the alleged victims of that crime; and
  •  Requests for "directory information" as listed below.

Wilkes Community College has designated the following information as directory information which may be made available to the public: 

  1.  Names of students;
  2.  WCC student e-mail addresses;
  3.  Major field of study;
  4.  Most recent previous school attended;
  5.  Full or part-time enrollment status;
  6.  Terms and dates of enrollment;
  7.  President's list, Dean's list, and other officially recognized student honors, awards and special achievement;
  8.  Hometown of members of President's list, Dean's list, and other officially recognized student honors, awards and special achievement;
  9.  Participation in officially recognized student activities and sports;
  10.  Photograph;
  11.  Graduation list;
  12.  Degrees, diplomas and certificates received and the completion date.

Students who do not wish any or all of this information to be released must notify in person or in writing the Registrar's Office each semester.

In addition, Wilkes Community College is required by the Solomon Amendment (a federal law) to provide military recruiters, upon request, with the names, addresses, telephone numbers, age or date of birth, level of education, and major unless students have advised the college that they do not want their information disclosed without prior written consent. 

Refund Policy

Tuition refunds are made based upon Title 23 of the N.C. Administrative Code (23 NCAC) guidelines. A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances: 

  • A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester as noted in the college calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100 percent refund if the class in which the student is officially registered fails to "make" due to insufficient enrollment.
  • A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the semester.
  • For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester, a 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of the class.

The above policy may differ for financial aid recipients. For example, refunds may not be made to students, but may be credited to the appropriate financial aid program. For a more detailed explanation, contact the financial aid director. 

In all refund cases, students must initiate the withdrawal through the Registrar's Office. The Business Office will make the allowable refund only after written request is received from the Registrar's Office.  


All students are to complete the registration process on the days designated in the college calendar. Exact dates and times are announced in advance through campus publications, the college website, and the media. 

Steps in the registration process are as follows: 

  1. Complete application for admission;
  2. Complete placement testing requirements and/or submit official SAT/ACT scores and college transcripts, if necessary;
  3. Schedule and attend an orientation session;
  4. Meet with advisor to select courses and for schedule approval;
  5. Pay tuition and fees in the Business Office; and 
  6. Purchase books in the College Bookstore.  

Students who enter after classes have begun are at a disadvantage and are responsible for all work prior to their entrance. Classes missed due to late registration or by adding/dropping courses will be considered as absences and will be deducted from the total hours of absence allowable for each course.

Beginning on the semester?s first day of classes through the 10% point of the semester, students will be charged 25% of the cost of any course dropped. The charge does not apply if a course with equal or more credit hours is added at the same time. For example, if students drop a 3-credit-hour course and add a 3-credit-hour course on the first day of classes in the same transaction, the 25% charge will not be applied. However, if students drop a 3-credit-hour course on the first day of classes and add a 3-credit-hour course on the first day of classes at a later time, then the 25% charge will be applied for the course dropped. Therefore, if students need to make changes to their original schedule, they should see their advisor on or before Registration Day to drop a course in order to avoid paying the 25% charge. After the 10% point of the semester, students will be responsible for 100% of the costs of courses on their schedule. For more details, please contact the registrar?s office.

Students are not considered enrolled until all procedures have been completed by established deadlines, including payment of tuition, fees, and other financial obligations.

Repeating Courses

Courses may be repeated as deemed necessary by students. When a course is repeated, an "R" notation is made on the transcript. The last grade is considered in computing the cumulative grade point average to meet graduation requirements. A student who receives a passing grade of A, B, or C in a course and re-enrolls for a third time must submit a written statement of the reason for re-enrolling. This written statement will be maintained in the Student Services Office. Career & College Promise students may only repeat courses where they earned a grade of D, F, or W. Auditing students may repeat courses without written permission.  

Student Classification

Freshmen - Students who have earned fewer than 30 semester hours. 

Sophomores - Students who have earned 30 or more semester hours. 

Students enrolled in a diploma or certificate program are classified as freshmen.  

Student Records

All student records are held in confidence by the college. The following documents will be maintained and will be subject to all state and federal regulations governing the safety and confidentiality of those records: applications, transcripts, veteran records, placement information and graduation readiness reports. Grade reports are mailed to students at the end of each scheduled school term.  

Student Right-to-Know

Wilkes Community College makes available to current and prospective students reports containing the completion or graduation rate and the transfer-out rate for full-time, first-time, degree-seeking undergraduates entering the institution. For information, please write, call, or come by the Student Services Office, Wilkes Community College, P. O. Box 120, Wilkesboro, NC 28697; (336) 838-6143. 

Student Rights, Responsibilities, and College Policies  

Transcript Information

For information on requesting transcripts, see How to Order a Transcript. Transcripts of classes taught by the Workforce Development & Community Education (Continuing Education) or College Readiness (Basic Skills) must be requested from that department. In addition, we do not issue, copy, or produce transcripts from other institutions. Requests for transcripts of courses completed elsewhere must be requested directly from those institutions. Official transcripts will not be issued to students having unsettled accounts with the college. It is recommended that at least one week be allowed for the processing and mailing of transcripts.  

Transfer Credit and Advanced Standing

Wilkes Community College has an advanced standing program which allows previous academic study, examination, or military experience to be evaluated for possible college credit. To obtain transfer credit or advanced standing, students must submit official documentation to the Registrar's Office. 

Transfer credit or advanced standing is available to students from these educational experiences: 

  1. Transfer Credits from Other Colleges - Credits may be transferred from colleges and universities which are regionally accredited. Official transcripts from these institutions will be evaluated only after students have been admitted to the college and placed in a program of study. Credit will be awarded provided the course content parallels that taught at WCC or is in the Combined Course Library of the North Carolina Community College System. Credit is awarded only for courses with a grade of "C" or better. Developmental (Pass/Repeat) grades can be transferred to Wilkes Community College from other NC Community Colleges due to the use of a state-wide grading system for these courses.
  2. Transfer of Credits from Accredited Programs - Official transcripts from programs which are accredited by national programmatic accrediting organizations that are recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the United States Department of Education (USDE) will be College credit will be evaluated only after students have been admitted to the college and placed in a related program of study. Credit will be awarded provided the course content parallels that taught at WCC or is in the Combined Course Library of the North Carolina Community College System. Credit is awarded only for courses with a grade of "C" or better.
  3. College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advanced Placement Program (AP) - Advanced standing may be granted to students who have successfully completed examinations through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and/or through the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board. Official test scores must be presented for evaluation. 
          AP Credit Information

            CLEP Credit Information 
      4. Credits for Military Service - Credits will be granted, where applicable, for military experience in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.


The maximum credit transferable from all outside sources is 75 percent. At least 25 percent of the credit hours required for graduation must be earned through instruction by Wilkes Community College. This 25 percent cannot include credit by examination hours taken at Wilkes Community College. To obtain transfer credit or advanced standing, students must submit official documentation to the Registrar's Office. Students should request evaluations of all official transcripts and/or scores submitted after they have been admitted to the college and placed in a program of study. 

last updated 08/21/13