Wilkes Community College Wilkes Community College
Wilkes Community College
YouTube Shutterfly Facebook Twitter Facebook

Veteran Benefits 

Dear Veteran:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning veteran's benefits.  The attached information "Procedure for Obtaining Veterans Benefits at Wilkes Community College" explains how to obtain payment from the Veterans Administration (VA). 

Wilkes Community College does not participate in the Advanced Payment Program.  You will be required to pay all fees out of pocket.  The VA will reimburse you. 

Students enrolled in a program of study approved at Wilkes Community College by the NCSAA will be eligible to receive veteran's educational benefits if they qualify to receive benefits.  Audited courses, courses taken outside of the approved curriculum, credits by exam, courses where transfer credit has already been awarded, repeated courses with a passing grade, or any other course not counting toward graduation will not be used in calculating hours of training time for payment purpose. 

Students eligible to receive benefits are paid for the classes they attend during each semester of enrollment.  Students who withdraw from any class must notify the Veteran's Certifying Official immediately to avoid overpayment.  The college is required to notify the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs of any student who stops attending any class. For this reason we require all VA students to report attendance to the Veteran's Certifying Official. In addition, students receiving either the Montgomery GI Bill Active duty or Selected Reserve MUST verify their enrollment (Class attendance) to receive monthly payments. 

Please call the Wilkes Community College Veterans' Service office at 336-838-6462 if you have any questions. 

We look forward to serving you. 


Doug Eller
Veteran's Certifying Official