Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
Enrollment is restricted to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 20 years of age;
- Possess a high school diploma or GED;
- Have a valid driver's license;
- Undergo a medical examination resulting in no medical restrictions (form will be provided);
- Obtain sponsorship from a local law enforcement agency or provide a certified criminal history check from the clerk of court;
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offense which disqualifies a person from being a Law Enforcement Officer in North Carolina;
- Schedule an appointment with the Director of Law Enforcement Training for interview and pre-registration;
- Complete a Wilkes Community College application for admission; and
- Take a reading assessment test administered by the Director of Law Enforcement Training.
The Director of Law Enforcement Training can be contacted by phone: (336)838-6217 or e-mail.
The office is located in Randolph Hall.